Monday 26 September 2011

Dear Mum...


Sunday 25th September

Dear Mum

I’m so pleased your operation went well and you are progressing quickly despite a little wobble yesterday. It was lovely to talk to you on the phone and to actually hear in your voice how well you are doing!
I’ve made you some special jewellery to help your recovery. I’ve called it ‘Healing Heart’ and it’s made with semi-precious stones that aid healing (haematite, fluorite, malachite, clear and rose quartz) and in colours that I know will make you smile. My Facebook friends helped me choose the right stones for you. It’s so nice to be part of such a caring community.

My jewellery party went really well last night. I can’t believe you remembered about that! It was lovely to sell my work face to face and I was on such a high when I got home, I was still wide awake at 3am! Another jewellery party in a couple of weeks so that will give me some practice setting up and packing away – it took for ever last night!

Anyway, I know we don’t see each other or speak as often now I’ve moved away and have my own family responsibilities (and business!) that keep me busy; but it felt good to tell you “I love you” and to know that the bond of love is just as strong as ever.

Mum, you have such an amazing ability to see things clearly and positively even in stressful time and take each obstacle or setback as a challenge. You never complain even when I know you’re in pain and somehow manage always to think of others before yourself (even when you really should be focusing on you!). It is your caring nature and practical and positive outlook that have made me who I am and for that I am very grateful.

Thank you Mum. You’re amazing. Love you loads x

Helen

Is there someone who has inspired you in your life or work? It could be a family member, a friend, a teacher or even someone famous. I’d love to hear about them. Use the comments facility below to write them a little note and you could win this gorgeous Healing Heart bookmark.


The competition will be open until 1800hrs (BST) on Saturday 8th October 2011 when I will pick my favourite three letters to go into a draw to win the bookmark.

Usual rules apply: Only one entry per person. You must leave your name when commenting. Winner will be notified on my blog. Overseas winners must pay P&P at cost.

Get writing lovelies x

6 comments:

  1. My Gramp inspires me. Before I was even born, he developed cancer. After many treatments and lots of pain, he managed to rid of it! His main inspiration, his family. He was told he would never have kids again, however my Uncle exsists :] I love how the love of his family and wanting to see my Mum married got him through and that is most definatly what makes me get through my bad days. I look at his smile and I remember, your family is all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Jean is my inspiration, she is now celebrating her life after being diagnosed with breast cancer 20 years ago. About 15 years ago she set up a trust that gave grants to women in the North East with the same diagnosis to help with anything they may need. It is only a small trust and a group of us fund raise, she is an amazing person and loved by so many, she is an avid reader and should I win, the bookmark would be a gift for her. Meg Robertson

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inspiration comes from everything and everybody around. Most of all, I am inspired by people who were not favoured by nature or luck but managed to make the best of it, even turn their "disadvantage" into an advantage. A blind boy who writes beautiful music, an athlete with a prosthetic leg who qualifies to run in the regular games, a girl born without arms and draws amazingly with her mouth. And most of all, by children who are very seriously ill and whose whole life has been in and out of hospitals, trying to give YOU courage... I want to remember such people, especially when I groan and complain about pain and adversities.

    DESPINA
    deb_oro@yahoo.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh commented on the wrong one lol,
    Who insipres me, Well my kids do everyday More so my Daughter, Shes the kindest kid you will Ever meet, Yet she has it rough cos shes "too nice"
    After the week she has last week she could do with a lil pic me up!
    When life gives u lemons make lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the person that inspires me is my partner Lee, from the moment we met I know we would be together and 14 years on here we are. After a few years of ill health i was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, he supports me tirlessly every day, when i am being an utter cow he understands, when i am an emotional wreck he understands, when my anxiety is so bad i cant leave the house he understands, he walks by my side every day if he is not close by he is in my head willing me on, for hi support i thank him endlessly, sometimes he does nothing, but i understand, without him the road i am on would be far, far worse.......Jo Lavelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Competition now closed. Winner to be announced later tonight.

    ReplyDelete